Diamond Peak’s Luggi Foeger Uphill/Downhill Festival
- 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Mar 26-27, 2022
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort
The Luggi Foeger Uphill/Downhill Festival and SkiMo Race takes place on Saturday, March 26, 2022. Competitors race to the top of the mountain using whatever human-powered method they prefer – skins, snowshoes, running shoes, etc. – then ski, snowboard, snowshoe, or run back down to the finish line. For those looking for a less-challenging route, a recreational course will be available. Winners are awarded for all categories. The weekend will also include fun activities including a Sunday morning snowshoe hike, live music, and more! Costumes are strongly encouraged.
2022 details and registration coming soon…
- Participants can enter the non-competitive Mountainbeering Division (aka the Pint O’ Luggi), designed for those who love the mountains and local craft beer, but aren’t interested in competing for prizes. Mountainbeering participants will receive two locally-brewed Alibi Ale Works craft beers and a souvenir Mountainbeering pint glass after the race. Check out Mountainbeering on Instagram!
- We added a Masters Division for those ages 50+ for the Big Luggi (2.6mi).
SkiMo Race Descriptions & Categories:
All competitors encouraged to race in costume.
- Elite Luggi = 4.6 Miles (Elite racers do a double lap to the top)
- Big Luggi = 2.6 Miles (1.3 miles uphill to the top, single lap)
- Big Luggi (Masters) = 2.6 Miles (1.3 miles uphill to the top, single lap, ages 50+)
- Lil Luggi = 1 Mile (.4 miles uphill to mid-mountain)
- Mountainbeering = Any course you choose, non-competitive
View race map and routes (jpeg).
2nd Annual Luggi Foeger Uphill/Downhill Festival Recap
Thanks to everyone who came out to race, volunteer, and cheer on our competitiors!
2019 Results & Photos
Men’s Elite SkiMo
- 1st: Spencer E – 50:46
- 2nd: Patrick J – 53:20
- 3rd: Robert W – 55:49
Women’s Elite SkiMo
- 1st: Rebecca A – 1:16:15
- 2nd: Christine S – 1:31:52
- 3rd: Laura M – 2:06:55
Combined (Men’s + Women’s) Long Course
- 1st: Drew C – 33:39
- 2nd: Will H – 35:57
- 3rd: Eric H – 39:03
“Little Luggi” Combined (Men’s + Women’s) Short Course
- 1st: Matt W – 25:29
- 2nd: Allison E – 26:48
- 3rd: Alison H – 30:00
“Little Luggi” Short Course Youth (15 & Under)
- 1st: Salomon M – 15:09
- 2nd: Josiah M – 16:33
- 3rd: Parker H – 17:48