Red Bull Raid
- 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Feb 24, 2020
- Squaw Valley
Red Bull Raid, the only freeride event in the U.S. that blends the endurance aspect of competitive uphill ski mountaineering with the technical, progressive style of big-mountain riding, will return to Squaw Valley on the weekend of April 3-4! This year’s event features a newly introduced weather window over the two days to optimize conditions and travel needs for athletes. What makes the event unique is that the competition is composed of two parts: ski touring or splitboarding up & then the descent! 200 points per run are up for grabs and are evenly weighted (100 for the climb + 100 for the descent) between each part. This event will take place at Squaw Valley (exact terrain will be decided leading up to the event, based on snow and conditions).
- Men’s Ski
- Men’s Splitboard
- Women’s Ski
- Women’s Splitboard
- Maximum of 75 total competitors across all categories
- Competition Venue: tbd based on snow & conditions
- Hike your own line. 2 Heats (seeding determined by registration order) mass start. Tour/Splitboard to the top. Start order in each heat and finals is determined based off your climb from the base of run to the starting gate at the top as well as your transition time. There will be a cut to each heat after run number 1 based on a natural break in scores.
- Each run can score a maximum of 200 points (100 for the Climb + 100 for the Descent)
- 1st to the top in each category will score the maximum 100 points for the Climb. Each position after that will be an incremental deduction of 1 points.
- The Descent will be scored by a panel of 3 Judges. 1-100 point system with 3 categories:
- Style – 40 points max
- Line – 30 points max
- Control – 30 points max
- Average of the three judges scores to determine overall score for that run
- Both climbs and both big mountain runs will be added together for the total score.
1st – 3rd in each category
- All participants must register online. No on-site registration.
- Helmet & touring gear required.
- You must be 16 years or older on or before event day to participate. NO EXCEPTIONS. All participants must show valid ID upon on-site check-in.
- All participants must stay within the bounds of the competition venue.
- Athlete bibs must be visible at all times during the competition.
- Bring the big sticks, leave the lycra at home!
|11am-5pm||Athlete Check-In||Alpenglow Conference Room|
|5pm||Mandatory Riders Meeting||Alpenglow Conference Room|
|7:45am||All athletes meet||Tram|
|8:15am||Visual Course Inspection||From land bridge only|
|8:45am||Visual Course Inspection ends||TBD|
|9:15am||Heat 1 starts climb||TBD|
|10:15am||Heat 2 starts climb||TBD|
|12:15pm||Finalists are announced||TBD|
|12:30pm||Finalists start climb||TBD|
|4:30pm||Awards & Après||KT Deck|