Trails & Vistas Art Hikes (Donner Summit) and World Concert (Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Outdoor Amphitheater~Sand Harbor)
- 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sep 08-09, 2018
Hikes September 8 & 9:
Guided art hike for small groups of 22 people to see 8 art sites with music, poetry, storytelling, dance, and land art.
WHERE: Donner Summit, Clair Tappaan Lodge, 3 mile Nature Trail.
TICKETS: Early bird special $10 Child (ages 5 to 18) $35 Adult/General, tickets available on Earth Day, April 22.
LODGING SPECIAL: Create a summit experience with a combo art hike ticket and stay at the Clair Tappaan Lodge. Create community: Eat, Stay, Explore, Enjoy. Call for more lodging/art hike ticket information (530)426-3632.
World Concert September 8:
World Concert: A Peace Project of Truckee Tahoe at the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Outdoor Amphitheater, Sand Harbor Nevada State Park, Lake Tahoe
Featuring Artists: World Concert on Saturday, Sept. 8th, 2018
- Jessica Fichot’s music has been hailed “enchantingly original” by the LA Weekly and “delightfully catchy – a glittering testament to L.A.’s multiculturalism” by the LA Times.
- Boca Mundial Latin band with energetic salsa, funk, cha cha and samba to lush ballads“flamboyantly multilingual” – San Jose Mercury News)
- Special guest artists, HuDost, with Neo Folk World Rock Ensemble from Montreal and Kentucky
- Tahoe Flow Arts with silk aerialists
- World rhythms with Lucas & Darcey Arizu, showcasing a powerful ensemble of Latin guitar, horns and vocal melodies.
- The evening opens with Trails & Vistas Community Partner of InnerRhythms Dance Theatre, under the direction of Elizabeth Archer with special guest violinist Scarlet Rivera and award-winning world flutist Ann Licater.