Whether you’re ready to click in on your own ride or it’s your first time up the mountain and you’re looking to gather gear here, you’ve come to the right place for Lake Tahoe biking resources. We recommend finding forums for the real skinny. For help cutting your learning curve, find a bike path on a group ride.
Safety tips and warnings:
- When there is a bike path available, please get on it!
- Be aware of the nearest repair shops before you go on a ride, in case of emergency.
- Bring a cell phone.
- Use proper hand signals and follow road traffic rules at all times.
- Do not mountain bike alone.
- Always bring extra clothing, water and food.
- Bring tools and an extra tire when traveling far from resources or on long rides.
- Leave no trace and respect wildlife.
- Ride only on open trails and roads.