Treasures of Tahoe: The Tahoe Rum Trail
Name: Lake Tahoe Rum Trail
Location: Incline Village, Carnelian Bay, Tahoe City, and Homewood
Best Time of Year: Spring, Summer, and Early Fall
Rum has become the unofficial beverage of choice for North Lake Tahoe, as it can be found in cocktails all around the lake. Follow the Tahoe Rum Trail around these six locations and raise your glass over scenic lakefront views.
What Is It?
View this post on Instagram
Incoming #contest! We're searching for a new name for one of our seasonal craft cocktails, can you help us out? Voice your ideas in the comments below and our team will declare one cocktail name the winner come Wednesday. To further sweeten the deal, we'll provide the winner with a $50 Gift Certificate to our restaurant along with bragging rights for the entire summer ahead – we'll print your Instagram handle/name alongside its listing on our Seasonal Craft Cocktail Menu. Here's the cocktail in question, a tropical libation currently known as the "Coco Loco": Sailor Jerry's Rum | Bitter Truth's allspice Pimento Dram | coconut | pineapple | Myer's Float We're accepting one vote per person on each our original Facebook and Instagram posts (this post). We're excited to hear your suggestions! ?
The Tahoe Rum Trail is a collection of six restaurants and bars located around the North Lake Tahoe shoreline that feature specialty rum cocktails to enjoy lakefront.
Where Can I Find It?
The Tahoe Rum Trail is made up of six locations, each with their own iconic rum beverage:
- Pier 111 can be found behind the Hyatt Regency in Incline Village, and is known for their Rum Runner
- Gar Woods is located in Carnelian Bay, and is home to the iconic Wet Woody.
- Jake’s on the Lake is a piece of Hawaii in Tahoe City, exemplified by their Mai Tais.
- Sunnyside can be found in Tahoe City, and features their signature Duke’s Mai Tai.
- West Shore Cafe is located in Homewood, where you can try their latest drink, the Hakuna MaTahoe.
- Chambers Landing can be found in Homewood, where you can enjoy their signature Chambers Punch.
View this post on Instagram
It's National Mai Tai Day! We love our Wet Woodys here at Gar Woods but we may love our Trader Vic's Mai Tais® even more. Come celebrate this special national holiday with the best Mai Tai in mountain paradise! #tradervicsmaitai #wetwoody #garwoods #nationalmaitaiday #lakefront
- During summer, you can arrive in style by boat to many of the stops on the Tahoe Rum Trail.
- While rum is traditionally considered a summer drink, the Tahoe Rum Trail is a year-round experience, offering a refreshing post-hike reward in the fall or Après Ski indulgence during the winter.
- One dollar of every purchase of a Duke’s Mai Tai at Sunnyside will be donated to Lake Tahoe Waterman Association, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing public access to Lake Tahoe and utilizing human powered paddle sports to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Garfield Woods, the namesake of Gar Woods, was a pioneering boatsman who once broke the record for fastest boat when his “Miss America X” sailed at 102 miles per hour!
- The West Shore Cafe’s Hakuna MaTahoe was named in an Instagram contest. It used to be known as the Coco Loco.
If You Like This, You’ll Love:
- Spindleshanks in King’s Beach
- Lone Eagle Grille in Incline Village
- Wolfdale’s Cuisine Unique in Tahoe City
Find more at GoTahoeNorth.com/treasures