Treasures of Tahoe: Bluegrass in the Mountains
Name: Bluegrass in the Mountains / WinterWonderGrass
Location: Squaw Valley
Best Time of Year: Spring
Located in the iconic mountains of North Lake Tahoe, WinterWonderGrass is a music festival that is bound to be at the top of every travelers’ bucket list. With great music, tasty craft brews, and even better company, WinterWonderGrass in North Lake Tahoe is the place to be this winter. Don’t miss it on March 29 – 31, 2019!
What Is It?
With three events nationwide, WinterWonderGrass is a celebration of music that combines a laid-back atmosphere and snowy scenery of Lake Tahoe for a music festival unlike any other. Celebrating 5 years in North Lake Tahoe, the event is the best way to combine spring skiing, sunny days and great music for a getaway like no other.
Where Can I Find It?
- The festival takes place at Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows, with the stunning alpine mountains as an epic backdrop to the event’s festivities.
- Visiting for the event gives you the perfect excuse to explore North Lake Tahoe this spring, and with public transportation options like Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit (TART), you can see it all without any stress of driving.
- WinterWonderGrass in March means that you can enjoy the sight of beautiful snow-covered mountains with a sunny, blue sky day, and catch the best spring skiing North America has to offer!
- Bluegrass fans of all ages are welcome, and WinterWonderGrass is the perfect family event.
- WinterWonderGrass is committed to reducing waste – all attendees will receive a Klean Kanteen stainless steel festival mug to encourage event sustainability. You can trust that materials from the event will be recycled, keeping North Lake Tahoe beautiful for years to come.
- Greensky Bluegrass, who headline this year’s festival, also headlined the very first WinterWonderGrass Festival back in 2013.
- 2019 marks the fifth year of WinterWonderGrass in sublime Squaw Valley.
If You Like This, You’ll Love:
While you’re visiting Squaw Valley, here are some local must-see spots:
- Grab a bite to eat at Plumpjack Cafe
- Indulge in wine tastings at Uncorked Wine Bar
- Find your center at Wanderlust Studio
- Go on an adventure with Alpenglow Expeditions
- And don’t forget to get down to experience Lake Tahoe up close! Try the Tahoe Lakeside S’more Tour or catch a stunning sunset over the lake.
Find more at GoTahoeNorth.com/treasures
Purchase tickets now at https://www.gotahoenorth.com/winterwondergrass-tahoe-festival/