Name: Bluegrass in the Mountains / WinterWonderGrass
Location: Palisades Tahoe in Olympic Valley
Best Time of Year: Spring
Located in the iconic mountains of North Lake Tahoe, WinterWonderGrass is a music festival that is bound to be at the top of every travelers’ bucket list. With great music, tasty craft brews, and even better company, WinterWonderGrass in North Lake Tahoe is the place to be this winter. Don’t miss it during the end of March, beginning of April every year!
What Is It?
With three events nationwide, WinterWonderGrass is a celebration of music that combines a laid-back atmosphere and snowy scenery of Lake Tahoe for a music festival unlike any other. The event is the best way to combine spring skiing, sunny days and great music for a getaway like no other.
Where Can I Find It?
- The festival takes place at Palisades Tahoe, with the stunning alpine mountains as an epic backdrop to the event’s festivities.
- Visiting for the event gives you the perfect excuse to explore North Lake Tahoe this spring, and with public transportation options like Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit (TART), you can see it all without any stress of driving. Plus TART buses and TART Connect microtransit are both free!
- WinterWonderGrass in April means that you can enjoy the sight of beautiful snow-covered mountains with a sunny, blue sky day, and catch the best spring skiing North America has to offer!
- Bluegrass fans of all ages are welcome, and WinterWonderGrass is the perfect family event.
- WinterWonderGrass is committed to reducing waste – all attendees will receive a Klean Kanteen stainless steel festival mug to encourage event sustainability. You can trust that materials from the event will be recycled, keeping North Lake Tahoe beautiful for years to come.
- Each year, the headliners are top bluegrass and roots musicians from all realms with the intention create a platform for artists, attendees, our families, and the natural environment to unite – building a community.
If You Like This, You’ll Love:
While you’re visiting, here are some local must-see spots: