Palisades Tahoe Mountain Adventures
Treasure of Tahoe #13
Name: Palisades Tahoe Mountain Adventures
Location: Olympic Valley
Best Time of Year: Summer
Elevate your summers when you take an aerial tram up to an alpine paradise! With heated pools and scenic hikes, high-altitude adventures at Palisades Tahoe mountain await!
What Is It?
- The gateway to High Camp starts in Palisades Tahoe, where you’ll embark on a 10-minute aerial tram ride and soar 550 feet above a mountainscape of creeks, forests, and the iconic Tram Face. With a 360-degree view and a knowledgeable guide at the helm, Squaw Valley comes to life before you even reach the top!
- Take on the Tahoe Via Ferrata, as you explore Squaw Valley’s most iconic rock face, guided by professional climbers from Alpenglow Expeditions. Using steel anchors and cables, participants are safely attached to the rock throughout the climb, making this a fun and exciting activity for adventurous families!
- Relax in the High Camp Swimming Pool & Hot Tub while surrounded by the beauty of the Sierra Nevada, including views of Lake Tahoe and Squaw Valley’s granite peaks.
- Choose from a number of scenic hiking and walking trails ranging from Easy to Difficult, including a free 1.5 mile Daily Guided Hike presented by The North Face.
- The High Camp Roller Rink offers unmatched panoramic views of the beautiful surrounding mountainscape while the whole family rides and rolls on the rink.
- Partake in an outdoor treasure hunting game through Geocaching! Participants use a GPS to locate 10 caches hidden among the mountain’s peaks.
- High Camp also features free weekly summer activities, including Live Music every Tuesday, Yoga on Wednesdays, and Outdoor Summer Movie Series on Thursdays!
- A day full of nonstop action at High Camp offers hours of fun, but might be tiresome for families. Take a break by checking out the Olympic Museum, commemorating Squaw Valley’s involvement in the 1960 Winter Olympics, and plenty of great eateries!
- Dogs are welcome on the Aerial Tram, the High Camp deck, surrounding walking and hiking trails, and Palisades Tahoe.
- It’s easier to get sunburned at higher altitudes, so be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen for a day’s worth of activities!
If You Like This, You’ll Love:
- More high-altitude adventures can be found at:
Find more at GoTahoeNorth.com/treasures