Dec. 15, 2017
All downhill resorts open at North Lake Tahoe!—12 resorts, top-to-bottom skiing and riding
WHO: North Lake Tahoe’s 12 downhill ski resorts offer the highest concentration of ski/ride in the nation—and we’re open for the season!WHAT:
- Resorts are open top-to-bottom, with miles of diverse terrain.
- Up to 64 cumulative inches of snow at the summit.
- Over $9 million in capital investments include new snow-making technology.
- Cold temperatures have been ideal for snowmaking.
- Sledding, ice skating, tubing, fat tire biking and snowshoeing are available for non-skiers and/or families.
- Sunny skies, clear road conditions and minimal traffic on Interstate-80 provide a 1h, 52min drive from Sacramento, and 3hr, 45min commute from the Bay Area.
- Non-stop flights to RNO are available from OAK, SJC and SFO.
- 30 to 50-min from the Reno-Tahoe Airport to Mt. Rose (east) and Homewood Resort (west).
WHEN: Dec 15—All downhill ski resorts open.
- Northern Lights Tahoe, now through Dec. 31
- Merry Days & Holly Nights at Squaw Valley, Dec. 15-31, 2017
Northstar Noel Nights – every Friday, Dec 15-31, 2017
New Year’s Eve Celebrations – Dec. 31, Enjoy breathtaking views of the Sierra, champagne dinners and events.
- Alpenglow Sports, Lake Tahoe Backcountry Demo Day, Jan. 6, 2017
- Alpenglow Sports Mountain Festival: Winter Edition, Feb. 17-25, 2018
- North Lake Tahoe Snowfest, March 2-11, 2018
- Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows Hosts 2018 NASTAR National Championships, Mar. 21-25, 2018
- WinterWonderGrass, Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows, Apr. 6-8, 2018
WHY: North Lake Tahoe’s December snow conditions remain strong. With advanced snow-making equipment, easy accessibility and beautiful weather, the current conditions are perfect for family trips to the region.
Contact: Jessica Pauletto, [email protected]
Photos and B-roll – click here.
FULL Winter roundup – click here.