- Arts & Culture
- Human Powered Sports
- Lake Activities
- Pet Friendly
- Secret Season
- Things To Do
- Trip Idea
52 Weeks In North Lake Tahoe
Rightfully described as the crown jewel of the Sierra Nevada, North Lake Tahoe has long captured the imagination and captivated the spirits of visitors and locals alike.
Home to vistas that display breathtaking panoramic views, a seemingly endless horizon of sapphire-blue water, and no shortage of resorts that serve up the best in the region’s lodging, food and beverage, North Lake Tahoe is a place to fall in love with every week of the year.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor to North Lake Tahoe or regularly retreat to this stunning alpine lake, 2020 is the perfect time to try new adventures in the region. That’s why, in celebration of all that makes North Lake Tahoe one of the most special places in the world, we’ve put together a comprehensive adventure guide to our region—with exciting journeys (big and small) to enjoy every week of 2020.
Check out our guide to spending 2020’s 52 weeks in North Lake Tahoe, and share your adventures with us this year using #TahoeNorth!
Take advantage of the cool weather by kicking off the year during Learn to Ski and Snowboard month in January. Photo courtesy of Diamond Peak.
- Week 1: Kick-off Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month with a friend (1/1–1/31).
- Week 2: Snowshoe lakeside to explore North Lake Tahoe’s winter landscape up close.
- Week 3: Plug into Tahoe tunes at Squaw’s Winter Music Series.
- Week 4: Loosen up with a spa treatment and enter the new year feeling refreshed.
- Week 5: Plan a day of family fun in North Lake Tahoe’s shoreside communities.
Enjoy romance and escapism in the month of February at North Lake Tahoe’s countless resorts and fine dining experiences. Photo courtesy of The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe.
- Week 6: Enjoy a romantic getaway at one of North Lake Tahoe’s cabins or resorts.
- Week 7: Fall in love over a lakeside dining experience.
- Week 8: Wander through a weekend of the best in bluegrass and beer at WinterWondergrass in Squaw Valley (2/21-2/23)
- Week 9: Try tubing, sledding and playing in the snow.
As temperatures start rising, spring is the perfect time to try nordic skiing.
- Week 10: Enjoy 10 days of family-friendly fun at North Lake Tahoe’s Annual Snowfest (2/28–3/10).
- Week 11: Dine with the whole family mid-mountain at Northstar California Resort (3/16)
- Week 12: Taste wine and beer at the top of the world, courtesy of Snowflake Lodge.
- Week 13: Take your pups for a North Lake Tahoe play date!
- Week 14: Focus on fun, family and laughs at the Luggi Foeger Uphill Downhill Festival (3/31–4/1).
As summer approaches, even more sporting and adventure opportunities emerge—like treetop rope courses! Photo courtesy of Treetop Adventure Courses.
- Week 15: Experience a fabulous North Shore Night at Gar Woods’ Aprés Ski Party (4/5)
- Week 16: Have a Calienté evening of tequila and tunes with the Renegade Hombres.
- Week 17: Enjoy free music and perfect ambiance at the Cedar House Pub.
- Week 18: Support the preservation of our local and global resources at Tahoe Truckee Earth Day (4/20)
May is the perfect month for dual days at North Lake Tahoe, where you can experience mountaintop snow and beachside sunshine. Photo courtesy of Ryan Salm.
- Week 19: Experience one of Tahoe’s unique dual sports days by hitting the slopes and then swinging clubs on the putting green.
- Week 20: Find your spring wellness flow with aerial silks at Tahoe Flow Arts.
- Week 21: See 360 degrees of North Lake Tahoe as you climb over 2,000 feet via Squaw Valley’s aerial tram (opens 5/26).
- Week 22: Peruse locally-made goods, services, art and more at the Made in Tahoe Festival (5/25 – 5/26)
Shopping, fitness, mental wellness and mini-golf characterize good times to be had at North Lake Tahoe in June. Photo courtesy of Ryan Salm.
- Week 22: Stretch into wellness and peace of mind at Granlibakken’s Restorative Arts and Yoga Festival (5/31–6/2)
- Week 23: Try an early summer dual day, cycling the Tahoe Rim Trail and cooling off with stand-up paddleboarding.
- Week 24: Tee off with a fun round of mini-golf at one of North Lake Tahoe’s various courses.
- Week 25: Combine fitness with beautiful views, crisp mountain air and a fine frame of foliage during the Burton Creek Trail Run (6/23).
Wellness takes center-stage in July, with Wanderlust Festival at Squaw Valley. Music, fireworks and more are also prominent this month. Photo courtesy of Ali Kaukus.
- Week 26: Celebrate Independence Day at one of North Lake Tahoe’s pristine beaches—and catch epic fireworks over breathtaking waters (7/4).
- Week 27: Catch amazing, almost-daily musical performances all summer long during Tahoe’s summer-long music series.
- Week 28: Take a break from the lake and #PeakYourAdventure with hikes, mountain biking and shopping at North Lake Tahoe’s mountain resorts.
- Week 29: Celebrate health, wellness, and connection at the 2019 Wanderlust Festival.
- Week 30: Start training for the Spartan Race World Championships or other triathlons at North Lake Tahoe’s many high-altitude training spots.
Peak temperatures make beachside play ideal in August, while the region’s cultural offerings mean there’s plenty of other diverse activities to enjoy as well.
- Week 31: Lay out or dip into the perfect waters of the serene and scenic Secret Cove.
- Week 32: Celebrate North Lake Tahoe’s boating history and culture at Concours d’Elegance on the West Shore.
- Week 33: Work up a sweat on North Lake Tahoe’s many sporting paths—and reward yourself with a craft beer along North Lake Tahoe’s Ale Trail.
- Week 34: Catch a classical theatre experience at the annual Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival!
Soak up the last beach days of the summer and prepare for tests of might at the Spartan Race. Photo courtesy of Ryan Salm.
- Week 35: Enjoy North Lake Tahoe’s largest food & beverage gathering at the 34rth Annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival.
- Week 36: Party at the beach in the name of wellness, joy and all things paddleboarding at the 2019 Tahoe Cup Fall Classic.
- Week 37: Step into a miniature Bavaria at North Lake Tahoe’s largest Oktoberfest (9/28).
- Week 38: Test your strength, endurance and mental constitution at the 2019 Tahoe Spartan Race World Championships (9/28–9/29).
Fall, like every season in Tahoe, is a time of immense beauty ripe for exploration. Photo courtesy of Ryan Salm.
- Week 39: Discover “secret season” at North Lake Tahoe’s beaches with fewer crowds, warmer water and incredible views.
- Week 40: Celebrate seasonal change as you explore a leaf-peeping paradise throughout North Lake Tahoe.
- Week 41: Welcome cooler temperatures with North Lake Tahoe’s top 5 Fall Adventures.
- Week 42: Experience North Lake Tahoe’s craft beer scene with a Tahoe Brew Tours, accessible along the North Lake Tahoe Ale Trail.
- Week 43: Get your adrenaline pumping at one of North Lake Tahoe’s Treetop Adventure Parks.
Fall adventures continue in November, even as the region begins the transition to a winter wonderland.
- Week 44: Inspire, educate and refresh your mind, body and soul at Granlibakken Wellness Weekend (11/10–11/11).
- Week 45: Learn about an integral part of North Lake Tahoe history by exploring the Thunderbird Lodge.
- Week 46: Take a “s’mores tour” through North Lake Tahoe, and try s’mores in The Village at Northstar California, s’mores and sledding at Granlibakken or marshmology at the Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe.
There’s no place like North Lake Tahoe during the holidays. Photo courtesy of Northstar California.
- Week 47: Join the North Lake Tahoe community for a celebration of art, culture and a firm commitment to the environment at Tahoe Film Fest.
- Week 48: Throw on your finest 90’s style and step back in time with the recently resurrected Northern Lights Festival (12/1–12/31)
- Week 49: Enjoy a plethora of festive, Christmas themed activities during Squaw Valley / Alpine Meadows’ Merry Days and Holly Nights (12/12–12/31).
- Week 50: Celebrate winter in classic style with an evening of ice skating, s’mores and hot cocoa at Northstar California.
- Week 51: Learn about North Lake Tahoe’s 12 downhill resorts and enjoy skiing or snowboarding at the one that suits you best.
- Week 52: Choose your New Year’s Eve adventure in North Lake Tahoe at any of these classic annual events.
The possibilities for North Lake Tahoe adventure are endless, and there’s a special memory to be made each week for everyone. Feeling inspired? Let us know what adventures you try out this year by instagramming or tweeting the hashtag #TahoeNorth, and cheers to a new year of new adventures!